• AVJR
    July 17, 2017 at 9:46 pm #33103

In August 6, 2017, it is going to be my first time going to Warped Tour. I wanted to go like 10 years, and I never got the chance to go! The bands I want to see are Silent Planet (it’s going to be my third time seeing them), and Fit for a King (it will be my first time seeing them). I am just waiting to get an email for my ticket, so I can print it out. What’s your experience at WT? ๐Ÿ˜ถ

TheJediAshCash
    July 17, 2017 at 10:03 pm #33106

Hi!

I’ve done Warped Tour every year since 2013 and I’ve had pretty good experiences. This year and last year I’ve done two dates. You already know what bands you want to see which is great. Both Silent Planet and Fit For A King are playing the same stage so there is no possibility of them playing at the same time. I saw both their sets and they killed it.

Here’s some advice. Obviously water is my first thing. You can bring in one sealed bottle and an empty refillable one to fill up at their water stations. Sunscreen is also essential. Bring snacks. No one wants to pay 10 dollars for fries and crappy chicken tenders. I usually pack a ziploc bag of trail mix, a clif bar or two and a pack of pop tarts. Eat a good breakfast before you go and get a decent amount of sleep.

If you’re feeling tired please do yourself a favor and find one of the shade tents and take a rest. My first year at warped tour I didn’t drink enough water and I didn’t take any breaks and by the end of it I was about to pass out.

Evan9171
    July 17, 2017 at 10:12 pm #33107

Tomorrow will be my second time. Last time was 10 years ago. I’m meeting up with another Heartsupport friend who has helped me through a lot in pretty excited for tomorrow.

Nate Hilpert
    July 18, 2017 at 11:46 am #33110

AVJR,

My experience is two fold:

1) fun
    2) acceptance

Fun’s obvious. It’s going to blow your mind how much fun you’re going to have watching all of these bands you love, being around people who love them too, and just having a full day’s worth of music, moshing, and more.

Acceptance is the beauty of the culture of Warped Tour. You can come exactly as you are and have a welcome embrace from the people at Warped. It’s something you can feel and something that will make you want to go back.

Crowd surfing’s awesome too. 100% recommend it.

-Nate

Nate Hilpert
    July 18, 2017 at 11:46 am #33111

Oh yeah, and you can go and meet HS in the flesh…and like, experience it come to life. Make sure to stop by because it’ll be worth your time, and you’ll love it.

AVJR
    July 18, 2017 at 1:34 pm #33118

Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts! I seen Heart Support last March at the Silent Planet concert, but I didn’t get the chance to talk to them. Maybe this time I will. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

travi0
    July 19, 2017 at 4:37 am #33146

Ugh. I was gonna go last Sunday but two of my friends I was gonna go with bailed on me. I should of went anyways. I’ve been so depressed lately and it would have helped me so much if I went. The band Too Close To Touch has a couple tracks that just move my soul. It would of helped me so much I had just went. I’m gonna try to go next year twice. A couple years ago I went twice. Now that is the best summer you’ll ever have lol.

Evan9171
    July 19, 2017 at 9:19 pm #33165

I was at warped tour yesterday, I had the time of my life. I was able to go back stage for William Control, I met another Heartsupport member and talked to John at the Heartsupport tent awesome guy I recommend you talk to him I’m glad I got to meet him, you won’t regret it.

Evan.

AVJR
    July 20, 2017 at 6:05 pm #33178

I’m glad you had a great time, Evan9171. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ

pvnk
    July 24, 2017 at 7:01 pm #33285

Nate has it right I’ve been at Warped three years in a row, and I love it every year.

Some things to remember:
    STAY HYDRATED. I cannot stress this enough. My first Warped I actually passed out because I didn’t pay enough attention. Trust me, if you feel like you need to rest, just do it. It worth it. Passing out makes you feel awful for the rest of the day, so pay attention to what you need. Make sure you eat too!

Most people at Warped are super chill. If you get somewhere you realize you don’t want to be, just ask someone near by. They will help you get out of a crowd if you need it. If someone doesn’t listen, ask someone else. If you need out fast, act like you’ll be sick. People WILL get out of your way. No one wants to get puked on.

Lastly, enjoy yourself! It’s a whole day of super cool people and music. Meet people, listen to bands you love, and find some new ones. I went this year, and the lineup was killer!

AVJR
    July 26, 2017 at 12:28 pm #33317

Thanks everyone! I got my ticket, and I can’t wait to go next Sunday! ๐Ÿ˜

Evan9171
    July 26, 2017 at 4:18 pm #33319

Good for you! Make sure you stop by the Heartsupport tent and say hi to John, he is an awesome guy. Have an awesome time. Like said before drink lots of water and have a good time!

Evan

Hannibals_dinnerplate
    July 26, 2017 at 9:10 pm #33320

AVJR,

You are going to have so much fun at Warped! I was just there 3 days ago and it was magically fun like always. I met so many new people (You could literally walk up to a random person and start talking and they’d be cool with it, like everyone is so loving and accepting) The bands are killer, I hope you have a lot you want to see, a full and busy day makes for chaotic fun. John is absolutely incredible, I met him this summer and like everyone else says, you need to stop by the heartsupport tent and talk to whoever is there, I think Ben Sledge will be at the tent on your date, which is amazing because he’s also an amazing dude. Spend some time there and get to know the volunteers and people working the tent, I promise you won’t regret it.

Other than the essentials like not forgetting hydrate (they have a free refill station there) and sunscreen and not forgetting to eat, there’s not much you need. Most food stations take card and for the ones that don’t there is an ATM somewhere around the venue. Please come back and let us know how your date goes.

AVJR
    August 7, 2017 at 9:31 am #33400

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I went to Warped Tour yesterday, and it was fun! I met Garrett Russell the sixth time, and take pictures with him. It was nice to see him again. After that, I see Fit for a King for the first time, and they did a great job of performing. I was in the circle pits. Hehe. Later, I met one of the guys on the HeartSupport tent, and he is really cool. I forgot his name. Sorry. I went to the water station to refill my water bottle. I done it twice by the way. Later in the afternoon, I decided to check the other bands out such as Municipal Waste and Stacked Like Pancakes. First time seeing them, and both of them did great. Thrash Metal and Ska all the way! Haha! I lost my sunglasses while I was in the circle pit for MW, but it was all right. I went to buy nachos because I was hungry. Then I met Ryan Kirby for the first time, and took pictures with him. What sweet guy. Moving on, I saw Silent Planet performing the third time, and they did an amazing performance. That is their greatest show they’ve done. Going forward, I checked other artists out such as Andy Black and Sammy Adams. Both of them did good. Glam Rock and Hip-Hop man! During Andy Black’s performance, I saw this young woman who looks familiar, and her name is Madi Mae. She is a model. I met her, tell her I support her patreon, and she thanked me. I also took a picture with her. She is an adorable, and a beautiful lady. You guys should check her social media. Around 4 in the afternoon, I left early because I needed to go to Los Angeles for Chester Bennington Memorial at Grand Park. It was a great evening. Linkin Park fans gathered around to commemorate. I also met my old college mate there too. I talked to her for a bit, and it was nice to see her. I cried that night. Overall, it was great Sunday. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Evan9171
    August 7, 2017 at 9:49 pm #33404

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE