• Emopunk101
    July 21, 2017 at 8:14 pm #33234

I’ve always been shy and antisocial, from a yong age I was diagnosed with ADD currently working on being not so shy in my collage classes but still struggle. Part of it is because I’m scared a little. When I talk, I easily forget things or stumble on words without noticing or even stutter a little. All these things make me terrified to speck in class discussions and when ever I have to get into a group I just sit in my seat wondering what to do. I don’t know that to do.

PikachuNerd
    July 21, 2017 at 9:13 pm #33235

I’m the same way haha it sucks. Try to push yourself out of your comfort zone and hopefully it’ll get easier. Remind yourself of your abilities, you can do it. If anyone’s rude to you, they can screw off. They don’t have the right to control you or make you feel like you aren’t allowed to talk, your voice deserves to be heard. That is, if you want to talk. I’m not saying you can’t be shy or anything, but you don’t deserve the anxiety that comes with speaking. You got this, it’ll probably take awhile it’l get easier and easier.

AVJR
    July 21, 2017 at 10:16 pm #33237

Hi Emopunk101. Nice to meet you. It’s okay to be shy. I’m shy too. If you really want to break out of your shell, go for it! At the end of the night, it is your choice to change. As a young man who graduated from college, my only advice to give you is make the best of it. You are the one who is creating your memories and stories. I hope you are having a great night. Take care. 🌃

Emopunk101
    July 22, 2017 at 1:49 am #33241

I also thought I’d be able to handle things but not just in the classroom but around campus I tend to go to quite places. I have actually broke down a few times and went to the psychologist on my campus, that didn’t help. It’s like I’m lost all the time and when people talk to me I don’t know what to say or do. I’m a loner on campus.

Nathanael
    July 22, 2017 at 4:39 am #33244

Hey,

Yeah talking to people can be pretty difficult and scary! I also used to slur my words and forget things and generally just make a mess of a conversation. It’s really difficult sometimes!

The first thing that I really at to come to terms with when trying to overcome my social anxiety, was to actually just accept myself; my whole self with all my flaws and shortcomings. I slur my words, I forgot things, I stutter; that’s okay. I get scared, social situations scare me; that’s okay. It’s part of who I am. Accept yourself for who you are, because you are perfect the way you are.

It can be really difficult to not be super self conscious when talking to people, but when you slowly start accepting yourself and accepting that it’s okay to make mistakes, slip up, forget things, you start to worry about it less.

It’s a long journey and doesn’t happen overnight, so don’t beat yourself up that you’re not participating in class discussions or when you have a break down. It’s okay. It’s part of the journey. But keep trying, it’ll be worth the effort. There will be people who similarly struggle and will accept you just as you are.

Hold fast, we believe in you.

With care

Nathanael

travi0
    July 22, 2017 at 7:53 pm #33250

I struggle with the same thing. Haven’t really figured it out yet. Just try to get the sentence together in your head before you say it aloud. And then, just practice. Good luck!

olcasers
    September 13, 2017 at 5:10 pm #33830

Video Response: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174556047

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE