• itsdj
    April 20, 2017 at 8:38 pm #31665

As terrible of a person this may make me sound, I’m tired of helping people. I’m running low on empathy and I wish for once everyone could solve their own problems. I think it stems from the fact that as I’ve gotten older I have a larger role in taking care of my longer sisters. Two-three nights a week I’m responsible for watching them, making sure they eat dinner, get prepared for school the next morning, and helping with their homework on top of what I need to do. I can’t tell you how many nights I’ve been up past midnight helping them with math homework. I’ve spent many an hour filled with them crying, screaming, and cursing at me because I seem to be the only one in my household that can do math. I feel like an awful selfish person by saying this, but for once I just want someone to treat me the way I take care of other people. So far I’ve only had one friend to do so,

brittanyplus12
    April 21, 2017 at 6:32 am #31667

I am so sorry! It sounds like you are getting burnt out. I am a very independent woman, and LOVE to do things myself. I have found, as I have gotten older, that this can be a very good and very bad quality. Growing up I had to do everything myself, because my parents knew that I was responsible. My brother wasn’t, so they did everything for him. As you can imagine, I had resentment, and still do a bit. My husband has tried to help me see that it is ok to ask for help, and it is ok to take time for myself. We have been married 9 years now, coming up on our 10 year wedding anniversary. It has taken me that long to actually listen to him. Just this year I realized that he was right, and I allowed myself to let go a bit. It is funny, because when I did allow him to help me with our responsibilities, I realized that while I thought by doing everything myself I was helping myself, I was really only hurting myself. I don’t know how old you are, or your circumstances. All I know is that if you are able to, take some time for yourself. Even if it is just a ten minute walk, doing yoga daily, reading your favorite book, listening to your favorite music, painting a picture, etc. Take a bit of time just to be yourself. You will be no good to anyone else if you do not take care of yourself. Also, it is ok to ask for help. It sounds like you have a lot of responsibilities. If you need to, try talking to your parents about how run down you feel. If they won’t listen, do the best you can, but always take a bit of time for yourself. You need attention too 🙂

olcasers
    April 21, 2017 at 7:08 pm #31679

Vid Resp: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/137195831

itsdj
    April 21, 2017 at 8:39 pm #31680

I’m 16 and I watch my sisters aged 14, 12, and 11. It’s hard to find help because the only other option is to have my grandparents watch them and they always do a ton of stuff since my parents work. We also don’t really leave my sister who is 14 alone with the younger two because she deals with some ADD and anger issues, so she can become upset easily and doesn’t always have the best repsonses to stressful situations.

brittanyplus12
    April 22, 2017 at 8:36 am #31684

That sounds like a very difficult situation. Is there any place that you can all go to while your parents work? Perhaps a group activity you could join, like at a local church. Just someplace where you can all go, get out of the house, and be you? Maybe a sport, or after school activity? I know that this is a hard time, but if there is nothing you can do, like I said, at least take 10 minutes a day for yourself. Any little bit will help.

jish1324
    April 28, 2017 at 7:21 pm #31738

I’m there with you. Feeling burnt out and tired of caring. As much as I love helping people. Sometimes I need to be helped. It’s hard for me though. I hate being in a Position where I need help. Where I have to reach out to others for help. I hate asking for help. I’m the type of person that’s tries to do everything on my own while trying to help everyone​ around me and then I get burnt out and then. Well, a good life lesson is to learn to ask for help and not try to do everything on your own. Don’t know if this helps. Just trying to relate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE