• ClickTheShutter
    April 19, 2017 at 9:21 pm #31644

Hi, friends.

This post isn’t really about me, it’s about my roommate/good friend. I’ve noticed that he’s been in a self-destructive cycle lately and I’m worried about him. A few months ago he started down a path of going out late, coming home completely hammered, and then waking up the next day to do it all over again.

Recently, he’s added sleeping around to the mix. Last week it was one girl, this week it’s a different one, and I can’t help but feel like it’s only going to get worse from here. I haven’t seen him in two days because he comes home from work, changes clothes, and is gone the rest of the night. I can’t count how many times he’s come home and puked his brains out, either. He’s been really mean towards me too, saying that because I’m quiet in nature I “lack people skills” and am “way behind the curve” on top of him telling me to “go f**k myself” almost daily.

How do I reach out to him to show him I care without seeming like I’m coming down on him? He’s a very emotional person and afraid of confrontation, so I’m nervous to just sit him down and be like “Hey, what the heck is going on with you”, if that makes sense. Do I not even reach out to him at all and let him just spiral until he figures it out by himself? I don’t know, I’m kinda at a loss. Any advice you can give is extremely helpful.

Thank you, friends. <3

Nate Hilpert
    April 20, 2017 at 2:06 pm #31656

ClickTheShutter,

Brutal situation….watching someone you love spiral out of control, knowing they know it’s the wrong path but also knowing right now they don’t give a fuck. It’s the scary part of friendship when the call on your gut is to wake someone up, knowing it will either hurt them, or you, or both. I thinking you already know what your heart is telling you to do — it’s just scary as shit, because who knows what’s going to happen, if they’ll ever talk to you again, if it’ll make things worse, etc. But honestly, sounds like your heart knows all that and just needs someone to tell you “this is the right move, no matter the cost”. And I think you’re right. Your friend needs you, and you don’t want to look back and wonder “what more could I have done”? You want to give them your all — even when it’s dangerous. Bring Me the Horizon says it well, “True friends stab you in the front”

-Nate

olcasers
    April 20, 2017 at 7:07 pm #31662

Vid Resp: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136970255

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE