• riverpup
    September 8, 2017 at 5:15 pm #33757

Things have been going on for so many years and I am at the end of my rope. I’ll start off by saying my sister seems to do anything to make sure I am not happy (as an example so you understand what I’m saying, she texted my boyfriends bother and told him that she would have oral sex with him, when the time came she caused a huge dramatic scene saying that the took her to this room and that he tried to make her do things she didn’t want to do, I seen the texts so I knew she was lying). Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 years now and things are getting more difficult. we broke up back in February because we were both really stressed out due to college and not being supportive of each other and we both said and did things that we shouldn’t have. My sister told my parents everything that my boyfriend did and said and they completely hate him and can’t stand the fact that I’m with a guy “like that” but of course she didn’t tell them anything bad about me because she wanted to focus on making him look like an asshole. but shes gotten so good at it now that she doesn’t have to tell them anything anymore they just really hate him, she got what she wanted. He has made mistakes in the past I’m not going to lie but I have too. We have decided to get a puppy together who will be coming home at the end of this month, and i think that was the last straw for my parents. they don’t want me with my boyfriend and they definitely don’t want me having a dog that ties me to him. My mom is drunk every night and it seems almost as if my dad has given up.
    I was in a car accident back in June, my family was supportive and helpful for about a week and then stopped. My parents even went as far as yelling at me because my injuries aren’t getting better which tells them “I’m not a mature person and I’m not taking care of myself otherwise I would be better”. The car accident gave me Stage 3 whiplash and through my hips out of place, they told me at physio that it would take me a while to recover. I’m 19 years old, I’ve been having a hard time trying to stay positive about the way my life is now and my family isn’t helping, if anything these situations have been giving me anxiety.
    I’m not the type of person to give up, I just don’t know what to do at this point. I moved in with my boyfriend because I can’t be around that negative environment and try to heal. my physiotherapist suggests that I go see a psychologist because she can feel the stress in my muscles that are preventing me from getting better. When I tried to talk to my mom about it she acted like I was being dramatic and that I’m drawing out the car accident to get attention for it.
    I’m at the end of my rope. The only way my family will be happy is if I leave my boyfriend…but then I won’t be happy. He has been doing so good ever since we got back together and we are happier now than we ever were. I can’t picture my life without him and i know I’m only 19 but we have been together since we were 14. I can’t lose him and I can’t lose my family but i don’t know what to do anymore.

NomadicWanderer
    September 15, 2017 at 12:43 pm #33880

It sounds like you are in a tough situation. It’s hard when parents don’t “like” a person that you care about. On the same token, parents tend to not support someone, such as a significant other, if they feel that person isn’t beneficial to the person they love. It’s difficult, because parents may be seeing the significant other in an inaccurate light. However, sometimes, parents are seeing the significant other in an accurate light, and are just trying to do what’s best for the person they love. Either way, it’s hard for you, because you care about your boyfriend. I’m not saying which situation is true for you. But am just mentioning the different perspectives.

For your mom to think you are dragging out the car accident is ridiculous. Your physiotherapist, a professional, is the one who suggested you see a psychologist! Know that you are not making things up. Keep seeking what you need to improve your health!

I don’t know if any of this helps. But just wanted to validate what you are going through.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE