• Crmatynka
    September 11, 2017 at 2:30 am #33779

Lately I have been having trouble with the feeling of being worthless, I have 3 beautiful children & a wonderful husband but I just don’t feel good enough, I just recently got diagnosed with clinical depression & that really made me feel disappointed in myself. I’ve always been happy go lucky & tried to see the good in everything & everyone & now it’s hard for me to even want to wake up & “mom” & “wife” it at home, I’m afraid to talk to my husband about it & I don’t want to burden anyone or worry anyone, things just aren’t right it seems & just needing some encouraging words. Thanks all 🙂

IAmCassie
    September 11, 2017 at 7:28 am #33780

Hi there!

I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. Depression is hard for everyone, but I can’t imagine how it feels to also have a family to care for. Thats a lot of pressure. But I just want you to know that just because you aren’t happy go lucky doesn’t mean you aren’t a wonderful mom. I mean, you’ve got diagnosed which means you have seen a doctor. Right? And you came into here to seek some encouragement too! Those things you have done show that you are trying to get help which means you are a strong and caring person.

I know it’s hard, but I really think you should tell your husband about it. If he was depressed you’d probably want to know too. Depression is not something easily defeated on your own. (I know, I’ve tried and failed). You need your friends and family to support you and help you along the way. Trust me, fighting this dragon is easier when you have someone you love fighting beside you. You have shown that you care so much about your family and just want to be a good mom/ wife. That in itself is amazing. You are amazing.

Love,
    Cassie

IAmCassie
    September 11, 2017 at 7:33 am #33781

Also, I just wanted to say that my mom had really bad anxiety when I was growing up and she had to take medicine and everything. I didn’t find out till recently because her and my dad tried to hide it from me and my siblings. But that’s the thing, I didn’t see my mom as the “mom with anxiety” when I was little. I see her as the mom who works really hard for what she wants, the mom who is courageous, and the mom who was at every little league game. Your mental illness does not definitively define you as a mother. <3

John Williford
    September 11, 2017 at 8:19 am #33782

Yea Crmatynka, I can’t really add much to what Cassie said above- it would be easy to just roll over and say, “Well I have legitimate depression, so I’m going to just give up.” But- you didn’t give up! You’re not giving up! Going and seeing a profession might seem like a step back, but really it’s just acknowledging an issue. And now that you have the issue in front of you, you can fight it!

I’m married, but I don’t have kids. I do know, though, that I would rather have a mom that struggles deeply with depression or something like that, and who absolutely would not give up on her kids, and who fought each day to find life, than a mom who gave up. You’re the first mom, and that’s awesome.

Crmatynka
    September 11, 2017 at 2:19 pm #33788

Thank y’all so much! I appreciate your words so much! It’s nice knowing that depression is real, & that it can be managed. I so glad I joined this community!

John Williford
    September 12, 2017 at 8:48 am #33797

😀

FeelsChadMan
    September 12, 2017 at 4:07 pm #33806

I just started college, I’ve always been a really quiet kid, I always had low self esteem, I didn’t have a ton of friends, alot of the time I was really lonely. I couldn’t talk to girls, I just felt uncomfortable around people idk I never felt “normal”. But right when I least expected it, the girl of my dreams dropped into my life. She was super model level beautiful, smart, funny, kind, I loved her more than anything in the whole world. she was so perfect, and she loved me the same way. the thing was she always told me I seemed so confident that’s what first attracted her to me, that I was funny, that I was good looking, that I was all these things that I never thought I was. And when I was with her I felt like this person, I was happy for the first time, I was confident, I felt good about myself, I was never uncomfortable around people. We dated for about 10 months I woke up happy, loving life every single day. But we had to break up because of her religion, it was just out of no where, when my life was perfect, when we were so in love, when I finally thought I found what was good in the world, I thought I figured my life out, and I no longer feel good about myself it’s just like it was before I met her. But it’s worse now because I know how happy life can be when i’m not alone. I just feel like I was given happiness and got what I always wanted just to have it taken from me out of nowhere. It’s been 2 months, Sorry this is getting really long, but now I feel so alone, like nothing in the entire world could make me happy other than her, nothing makes me exicted to wake up, I feel so empty, that i’ll never find anyone like her, and she’s all I want in the whole world, like there’s nothing else left in the world for me. That nothing in the future could make me forget about her, what is my motivation to move on,nothing brings me joy anymore she was my whole life I have no one to talk to about this She was who I went to with all of my problems

olcasers
    September 12, 2017 at 5:31 pm #33811

Video Response: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174322015

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE