• Phoebe_Jordan
    September 9, 2017 at 11:17 pm #33764

I told my boyfriend about my mild depression and social anxiety. How I was going to therapy and support groups and I was on medication. But how I just needed to take time out for myself, to really focus on myself and try get my life back on track. I’ve just been having a really hard time at the moment. So I said I think it’s best for me mentally if we break up.

He immediately lashed out at me. He told me he didn’t deserve this shit from me and that he thought I was unbelievable and ridiculous. He went on and on calling my decision dumb and degrading me and my mental illnesses in many ways. His last comment though was that he couldn’t believe how stupid I was that I’d throw away a loving boyfriend in my time of need.

My friend has told me that this is not the signs of a loving boyfriend and that it is better off this way. That he showed his true colours and I have to stay strong. But it’s hard when it’s all just coming down on me. I feel suffocated. Am very unsure of how to proceed or deal with him and this situation now.

NomadicWanderer
    September 10, 2017 at 4:25 am #33766

Hi Phoebe,

Your friend is right. A loving boyfriend who cherishes you would never lash out at you like that. Yes, he would be hurt and disappointed. But, he wouldn’t say such hurtful words to someone he cares about. You deserve so much more. You are worth so much more than someone treating you like that. Stay strong. Take the time you need for yourself. Don’t feel guilty about it. Don’t feel like something is wrong with you. You did what was right for you.

cananjones1028
    September 10, 2017 at 5:17 pm #33772

Your friends are right and you’re doing what you need to do to fix your situation so just focus on you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE