(We apologize for the late volunteer opportunity this month, as we and many others have been dealing with Hurricane Harvey!)
The secret is out! We surveyed all of you last month, and we saw one piece of feedback over and over again. “Let. Us. Help.” So this month, help us spread the word about the two awareness events below.
This September, the World Will Listen
- September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day
- September 11th-16th is National Suicide Prevention Week (In the USA)
Join HeartSupport as we enlist the help of our bands to put a spotlight on the many reasons people choose to die by suicide. Each stream will begin at 4pm EST. Here’s the Schedule:
- Monday Sept. 11th – Valient Himself from Valient Thorr talks about Loss.
- Tuesday Sept. 12th – Austin O’Brien from Ghost Key talks discusses Depression.
- Wednesday Sept. 13th – Henry and/or DJ from Keep Flying talk about Self Harm, Anxiety, and Bullying
- Thursday Sept. 14th – Laura McElroy from Comrades discusses Eating Disorders
- Friday (No Stream)
- Starting now, share HS Socials leading up to the streams.
- Invite your friends to check out a stream that relates to them.
- Attend the stream and lend your voice to the discussion.
- Donate or invite friends and family to donate to the fundraiser*
*A volunteer named Chance Sampson is launching a fundraiser that will benefit HeartSupport and we want to help him in that process. We’re going to funnel people to Chance’s fundraising page, which we’ll post along with the streams. This fundraiser is for awareness, so don’t worry about hitting a goal or grinding it out. Most importantly, help us get the word out about suicide, save lives, talk with your friends, and make sure that no one believes they are alone. Tune into HeartSupport socials for details!