• itsdj
    March 19, 2017 at 7:11 pm #31128

These past two weeks have been rough. I’ve been in the doctors and even in the ER dealing with migraines. And I ended up on a medication that gave me more intense migraines, and hives. To say the least I’ve been miserable. I have no energy to motivate myself or others and have become a ball of wallowing self-pity. And I’ve also noticed myself being desperate for attention. How do I get myself out of this rut? I know what I’m doing isn’t right and isn’t healthy but I need a push to get me out.

BreeBree
    March 20, 2017 at 3:51 pm #31134

Hey itsdj –

Just want to start off by saying that I’m sorry you’ve been dealing with health issues – that is never easy. I completely can relate to that. I think the important thing is to regroup mentally, and get yourself back into things that you enjoy. Whether it be listening to music, drawing, writing, etc. It is also important to reach out to friends, and get out of the house. I know that when I am dealing with my health issues – it may seem difficult to get out of the house and do something, but even if it’s for an hour – it makes a huge difference!

Yoga and meditation can also help with the migraines!

Hope you start to feel better!

– Brianna

Nathanael
    March 20, 2017 at 4:01 pm #31137

Hey!

I think Brianna gave some brilliant advice and I just want to encourage you to give a go. When you’re not feeling well it can be so incredibly hard to get out of the house, get some exercise and hang out with people but when you’re actually doing it, it can make a massive difference.

Just wanted to let you know that I’m praying for you and that you won’t be stuck in this rut forever. You’ve got this.

Hold fast, we believe in you.

With care,

-Nathanael

MaddieBianca
    March 20, 2017 at 4:49 pm #31141

Hey there! I’m sorry to hear about these migraines you have been having. Having medical issues can suck but I encourage you to keep talking with your doctor and let them know how the medication is affecting you. They may not have found the right medication that works for you so keep communicating with them while that gets figured out! Also, I like what Brianna said about getting back to doing things you love. Find a hobby or start a hobby again that can keep you occupied and help you relieve the stress you’re feeling and help you relax. Or simply take a day to do absolutely nothing to recenter yourself and start fresh for the next day. You are not alone in this and we are always here for you. Stay strong and I know you will get through this! We love you!! 🙂

Maddie

itsdj
    March 21, 2017 at 3:39 pm #31151

Thanks for the kind words. I’m going back to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully that’ll help, and I’m hanging out with a friend this week, and I’ve been reaching out to more people

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.