July 16, 2017 at 1:14 am #33067

I am struggling with self-harm/suicidal thoughts. I am thankful for where I am right now because I have not cut for a few days but resisting is so much more tiring than giving in. I feel really exhausted/mentally drained from fighting this but I don’t want to give up. Please, does anyone have advice for how to keep going when you are so tired of fighting?

Psalm 142

AVJR
    July 16, 2017 at 1:24 am #33068

I don’t have an advice, but I encourage you to listen The Beast Within by KLANK. I hope this song speaks to you. Have a great night. 🌃

http://music.klanknation.com/track/the-beast-within

PikachuNerd
    July 16, 2017 at 1:29 am #33070

I’m sorry that you’re going through so much. Try to listen to music, watch movies, do whatever you need to do to take your mind off it. Talk to friends or family if you can, they might help. It’s amazing that you’re staying strong and want to beat this, I’m really proud of you. Don’t give up! You can do this. You’re not alone 🙂

ashandis
    July 16, 2017 at 1:00 pm #33073

Okay friend so here is the advice I will tell you. I know the simple thought of confronting it sounds scary. But honestly in avoiding these things you are just hiding them more. So my honest advice as a person who is trying to work from the same place as you is the rewrite book written by heartsupport. https://www.amazon.com/ReWrite-Journey-Self-Harm-Benjamin-Sledge/dp/0999154508/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500227758&sr=8-2&keywords=rewrite that is the link to it. Rewrite is literally a book about rewriting your life and rewriting the story that is your life right now. So honestly that might be wise. This book for me (I havent finished it) but it is a great book and it is helping me to better see what my self harm has been. I am so glad you are taking steps to be better for yourself. That is very important. Always remember to be proud of yourself. To acknowledge how well you are doing but also those flaws you have. We all have flaws. I am here to help.

Ash

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.