• SmashedNintendo247
    June 19, 2017 at 1:09 am #32563

I’m not perfect. I’ve stated that. I’ve made mistakes. More than I’ve shared thus far. I don’t believe anyone here is looking for attention. I think it’s all real people, with very real situations. Facts. Events. I’ve been in therapy for four years. The biggest part of my story after my childhood, happened about 8 years ago. It’s personal to me. I can just say that any man who beats his gf in front of their children isn’t Superdad. That’s my thought. Don’t care otherwise. Recalling positive moments…The summer of 2015 was a high light. I met *Emarosa* who I have listened to for over 8 years along with other bands. They were amazing live. I got my friends ticket as well to help her have a positive outlet at that time. I was going off of no sleep due to busting my ass for work and straight caffeine prior to the concert. I recall my friend at the time asking me to get a pic with and I kept assuring it wasn’t necessary. I was sooo exhausted. Of course though, the picture happened. I remember being trembling like thunder. I was shaking so bad. It was horrible. Like a half light sabered zombie that Daryl left just to shake for continuing laughs… Calling my Walker the *Trembling Walker*. Lol. I think laughing at myself helps my anxiety and self esteem issues subside a bit. It was a nice time none the less. I planned on seeing them again just this May but I completely got side tracked by my emotions of the past. I’m putting this here as an example. If anyone gets my message. Fun VS Depression. I missed out. Super bummed. It would have been all the more exciting because music is therapy and I could have incorporated that into my progress maybe. I hope that makes sense to everyone. Bands are artists who have the ability to light the tourch through music for alot of journeys and healing in ones personal life. Background music. We wouldn’t know about music or have any if it wasn’t for artist to begin with. Thank You to all bands for that.

IAmCassie
    June 19, 2017 at 1:07 pm #32579

I totally know what you mean. Music is like encouragement and hope for me. It’s like air for me. I know in my heart that I am alive because of myself and what i’ve fought through, but bands and music is like that extra energy pack that encourages me to keep fighting! I remember I drove 4 hours down and back in one night with my best friends just so we could see Memphis May Fire. It was amazing and it was one of those shows that felt like therapy. And I also know what you mean about missing out because of emotional struggles at the time. What I have found is that even though I’m bummed out it’s more important for me to take care of myself and I’ve found it’s sometimes better for me to stay home than go to a show. Bands will tour again, but taking care of yourself is first priority. Music helps keep me going. I don’t know where I’d be without it.

AVJR
    June 19, 2017 at 1:18 pm #32580

Don’t worry, sweetheart. It’s never too late to go to a concert, have fun with the people who loves the same music as you, and be alive. Once you have an opportunity to go, go for it. Do the things you love to do. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.