• ashandis
    June 17, 2017 at 10:04 pm #32533

So today my family did something pretty mean today. So we were out with friends at a camp site and I suddenly had a seizure and when I came out of it wasnt sure where I was and was freaking out. Well when I finally came around I caught site of my family making fun of me and my seizures. After that they were making fun of my mental illness like I wasnt even there. I feel so much like who in my life cares about these issues. Lately they have been bad. I was so upset and started scratching and panicking. It hurt because it was like this is apart of me and I dont know what is causing it. My family didnt have a care in the world that I literally couldnt breath as this was happening. I am upset about it. I felt so alone in that moment. My phone had no service due to where we were so I was alone. I was upset and anxious. So here I am posting away at what happened because it is a deep cut. One of the ladies we were with actually is a nurse too. I would have thought she would have at least be better about a seizure where someone is down for awhile.

Thanks everyone
    Ash

IAmCassie
    June 19, 2017 at 12:55 pm #32576

I’m really sorry that happened to you Ashandi. What your family did was really cruel and unneccessary. Seizures are no joke! If I was there I would have yelled at them! I hope you are feeling okay. Again i’m sorry that happened 🙁

ashandis
    June 19, 2017 at 1:02 pm #32577

Iamcassie

Here at home I have no one to protect me or stand up for me. I have always been the joke of my family and this was just one more thing they made fun of me for. I felt like a joke. No honestly I don’t feel any better and what they did put me in a spot. Why I posted. I feel like everyone bullies me and when will it change. This year I have made a change and stood up to my parents on needing a service dog and they just fight me on stuff. I was told by my mom that my grandparents are glad that the pup I got Laila didn’t work out because having a service dog makes me look handicap when in related I am handicapped I can’t see well or hear well and I have seizures and other issues. But I have always been the laughing stock it feels like of my family. It is like let’s make jokes about Ash (Melody). I do not feel any better because they keep commenting about how I looked like a fish out of water. It hurts because I don’t feel anyone truly gets how much I hate these and how much I feel less like me and more like someone who can’t do much.

Your reply really helped me though. I have felt like even if I fight this they won’t listen. So thanks for the if you where there you would have screamed at them. I would be scared what they would do. My family isn’t the nicest to anyone who goes against what they want or say.

Ash

AVJR
    June 19, 2017 at 1:21 pm #32581

Keep pressing on, Ash. 💪🏾

ashandis
    June 19, 2017 at 1:34 pm #32582

Thanks it has been hard too. I will say if it wasn’t for heartsupport I know for a fact I would be in a different spot than I am. I really hate how much I have been given in life that is hard. But hey I have a story to tell.

Ash

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.