• Kevin
    July 17, 2017 at 6:47 am #33080

All this week I’m going to be home alone until in the afternoon, and during the whole day I can’t find anything to do to keep me busy, so my thoughts don’t consume me. I literally can’t deal with being alone. If I’m alone anywhere I start to breakdown. It’s just how I always reacted to it. I’ll start to be depressed and start to think about suicide again the more I’m alone. There’s no one I can really talk to because they’re always busy. Not even my best friend won’t talk to me really (and right now she put me in the backseat [i mean that she just really stopped talking to me all of the sudden. I don’t think I did anything for her to do that. ]). Anyone have any ideas really?

Nate Hilpert
    July 17, 2017 at 2:58 pm #33090

Kevin,

I don’t think the goal here is going to be to come up with the perfect strategy in order to keep yourself from being alone at all times. You don’t want that kind of life where you feel so fragile that if someone were to leave you you’d die. Rather, it’s a better use of your time and energy to explore…what’s the story you’re telling yourself about being alone? What do you feel and think when you’re alone? Why do you feel and think those things?

If you can understand what’s going on, or start to shed some light on it, maybe you can begin to work through it and find freedom from those thoughts and feelings that seem to be suffocating you when you’re alone. It’d be better, in the end, to work through this than to just try to live life on top of it. You’ll be happier and freer in the end, and I think ultimately that’s what you want. (And the good news is, you can get it.)

-Nate

AVJR
    July 18, 2017 at 1:55 pm #33121

Send a text message to beloved ones or call them, and try to catch up. I hope this helps. 🙂

travi0
    July 18, 2017 at 5:20 pm #33141

Maybe you’re attached to your friends a little more than you’re supposed to be. Let’s just face reality here for a second. Your friends are always going to let you down. We’re humans. Imperfect disgusting animals lol. Maybe you should use this alone time to find yourself. Discover what you can do to make yourself happy. Learn how to depend on yourself rather than your friends. I’m gonna be honest here, I’m the exact opposite of you. I love being alone. I have aspirations that I keep secret and the only time I can practice is when I am alone. Being alone can be a great thing if you just use it productively.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.