• phoenix99
    September 8, 2017 at 1:52 am #33744

i just started community college and i hate it so much.high school was so hard for me and everyone said college would be better. well it turns out my friend who is still in high school is in a special program specifically for kids with mental health issues. i went through 4 years of crippling anxiety and depression and the school just never mentioned the program to me. i am happy that my friend is having a better experience but it hurts me so much that she is getting so much support from the same school which gave me none at all. i wasnt even aware our school even had a program for kids with anxiety and depression.. everything just hurts so much and idk how to make that feeling go away. i am so so lonely and hopeless college is really hard and i have no friends and i had no support in high school but it feels like i have even less in college. i am just sad and feel so alone

riverpup
    September 8, 2017 at 5:23 pm #33758

Hey phoenix99, I’m sorry that your school didn’t give you any support. I can’t imagine how it feels to find out they could have possibly helped you with your anxiety and depression. As for college, it is hard and its very difficult to adjust to. its nothing like highschool which is stressful on its onwn. its good to remember that it will get better over time once your brain adjusts to how it needs to work and once you get used to the change, but it is good to remember that college isnt for everyone. I went through a rough year at Saint Mary’s University, i got through the year, but i made the tough decision to decide i couldnt do that to myself again. there are other options out there and if you feel really negatively about this college it would be good to research other options, but just remember that you only just started and that it does take time to adjust.
    I’m really sorry that you feel alone, but I hope you know that you aren’t and that there are many people all over the world that feel the way you do right now, i know i did.

hs_Danjo
    September 11, 2017 at 6:32 pm #33793

video response: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174103510

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.