• VOlson89
    March 20, 2017 at 2:13 pm #31133

First time posting. Hey everybody 🙂 I’m not really sure how to start so I’ll just jump in haha. The last 2 years have been the worst of my life – it has been a domino effect of one bad thing after another. A bad breakup, family troubles, money problems, friend problems and to top it all off the death of someone very close to me, which basically left me destroyed at the end of last year. I finally feel like I am coming out of that bad season of my life and I’ve been trying to find healing for a lot of the things I was never fully able to process/deal with mentally and emotionally. This process of confronting all this damage is really painful and I’m trying not to let my own problems spill over too much into the lives of those closest to me because I know they are struggling too. I know those people love me and support me but I guess what I’m struggling with is that I have had to be strong for everyone else for so long now that I never took care of my own needs and, to a certain extent, those people still expect me to be strong for them but I’m not sure how much longer I can do it when I don’t feel strong anymore. I don’t want to let anyone down…but half the time I wish these specific people could learn to be strong for themselves because I don’t know how much longer I can carry the weight. I really hate saying that. I love these people with all my heart.

That being said, God has been working on a lot of things in my heart. I’ve been reading a lot (something I had stopped doing but always loved). Listening to podcasts. Trying to rediscover my passions. Pursue my art. Trying to quiet my heart so i can feel God move. I really do feel like I am now on a path to healing but I also feel kind of lost, like I’m just floating through life right now. I guess what I’m looking for is some insight on how to find some direction again or how to get out of the “floating” phase of life. Maybe I’m just impatient for the next step God has for me but I really hate feeling like a purposeless “floating” blob right now.

BreeBree
    March 20, 2017 at 3:56 pm #31136

Hi!

First off, I want to apologize for the difficult situations that you have had to deal with, I can only imagine how hard it has been for you to remain strong and somewhat positive through it all. I am glad that you are feeling you are finally coming out of that negative time in your life, however – like you mentioned confronting and dealing with those emotions and situations can be very hard but necessary. In terms of feeling like you have to be strong for everyone else around you – I think that the best thing for you is to allow yourself to not have to be strong for everyone else.

That being said, I don’t think that that means letting everyone else down. I think that if you can all pull together, and deal with the sad or negative emotions together – that can be a very cathartic experience for you all. Maybe do a group prayer, or sit down and talk everything through together. Just because you allow yourself to confront your own feelings, does not mean that you are letting them down!

You have to take care of yourself, and that isn’t selfish!

I hope you find the peace you deserve! Please feel free to reach out to me via email ([email protected]) if you want to talk further!

– Brianna

MaddieBianca
    March 20, 2017 at 5:06 pm #31142

Hey there! One thing I want to say is you don’t have to be strong for other people even though they expect you to. Sometimes they need to be on their own so they can figure it out. Also, you don’t even have to be strong for yourself. Give your worries to God and He will be strong for you. I don’t want to come off preachy or anything but it’s a lesson I have been trying to learn for a while. God will be strong for you so you don’t have to be 🙂 along with this, one of my favorite versus from the Bible is Romans 8:28 which says “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” This goes along with you struggling to find your purpose. Discovering your purpose won’t happen over night and may even take months or years to figure out. Trust in God’s timing and He will guide you to your purpose. Purposes usually come from hardships you have been through so maybe God is still preparing you to fulfill the purpose He has for you. During this time, I encourage you to keep growing your relationship with Him and grow closer to Him. This will strengthen and solidify your foundation in Him and you will know what your purpose is when He reveals it to you. It isn’t easy to wait for Him to reveal it but it is worth it. I also encourage you to keep working on yourself and recovering from the bad you just came through. You are strong enough and you can get through this 🙂 if you would like to talk more feel free to email me at [email protected]. We love you and we are always here for you!

Maddie

VOlson89
    March 21, 2017 at 1:17 pm #31150

Hey! Thank you both so much for you insight. It is much appreciated and I will definitely take it to heart and pray about the areas I need to let go and let God be strong instead of me trying to carry the weight by myself.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.