• jesse
    August 9, 2017 at 11:33 pm #33412

I have a long history of battling anxiety and depression and to save you having to read my life story, I’ll just say this. I’m a touring musician and it’s hard sometimes to even keep up relationships with the people I care about at home and sometimes I feel like I’m letting everyone down or I’m a disappointment.

I feel lost. I feel without purpose and it seems as though every time I overcome one obstacle another one pops up. I feel like every time I’m in a dark place mentally that by telling someone I’m somehow putting a burden on them. I mean to be honest, I feel like I’m doing that to you guys now. It’s getting harder just to make it through each day and I can’t remember the last time I went a whole day without feeling overwhelmed. I realize I have a very blessed life in many ways and I’m so thankful for that. Does anyone else out there just feel lost and with no direction sometimes? Not knowing what the next step is? How do you help yourself to keep pressing forward and what are some things you do to keep yourself positive? Thank you in advance. This community has already been such a blessing

hailstorm96
    August 9, 2017 at 11:59 pm #33413

I have the same feeling, I’m recently married and moved to a new town. I’ve been in one town for my whole life. My husband is in the navy and is away a lot. That mixed with being in a new town with no friends makes me feel lost all the time. It’s hard. For any situation, it’s difficult to find a sense of direction. For me, changing something about myself helps. For example, a new hair color, a new body mod, a new article of clothing. Of course music as well and connecting with people in a similar situation helps you feel not alone. Just try to do what makes you happy or feel not so lost. Don’t feel like you’re a burden to anyone. I know being in your shoes, it can feel like a burden to reach out but I always love helping other people and have never felt like it’s a burden to listen or talk back to someone. I’m sorry I feel like this is kinda rambley. I know you have probably heard this before, but you have to take it day by day. It’s hard but when you’re in a dark place, that’s all you can do. In most cases, people don’t think you’re a burden. Especially if it’s a friend or someone going through the same situation. Please try to remember that there is at least one person that always wants to listen to to help. I hope this helps in some way.

AVJR
    August 10, 2017 at 12:33 am #33414

I’m sorry you are going through this jesse. It’s okay to feel this way. Never think you are alone in this. There are people in this world who are going through similar things like yourself. I remember watching a HeartSupport video months ago. The singer of Ghostkey was being interviewed, and he said something that I took it in the heart. He said he needs to get out of bed, put his feet on the floor, and breathe. Always remember you have breath in your lungs, you are standing on solid ground, and you have a purpose. I hope you are having a restful night. Peace. 🌃

ashandis
    August 10, 2017 at 4:07 pm #33425

So as a person who truly has felt this I will tell you it is very hard to overcome stuff. Lately for me I will state that I get over one issue and another happens. I truly want you to know that no matter what you arent alone in these feelings but I will help be a voice if you need someone. Perhaps in order to find some peace perhaps consider finding something that helps you have a little joy. I personally will say that I try hard to plan in an hour of me time everyday. I will say that might be hard (my life is crazy) but maybe take the time to love yourself enough to do something for you. I love my music and can go in my own world with music. Even if I am doing something else I will put my music on and feel a little better. But here is what I keep being told is the fact that I am a person who does not do what I need for me. I literally had people tell me that Ash you need to stop and take care of you. One time someone had to force me by taking away the distraction. It was not a healthy way so find perhaps someone who can help you take that time for you. This idea of selfishness is hard because if your like me it is you dont want to hurt someone else. But when you are anxious or upset about something it is kind of something friends may pick up on. It really is hard to see but a lot of times our friends do pick up on stuff. So maybe ask them for help. Communication is important.

My inbox is always open if you need to talk.
    Ash

olcasers
    August 10, 2017 at 4:12 pm #33426

Video Response: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165983271

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.