• Greenwhich
    May 19, 2017 at 5:50 pm #31958

Young one here, in the late teens.

I’ve been struggling with how I’ve been treating people I really like these past few years. I find myself constantly looking towards them, even if the don’t feel the same way. It’s more or less an emotional response, and if I try to combat it, I usually melt down in some way or another later if I do. Even if the person feels the same way, I still take things too far and end up making them uncomfortable. I’ve lost friends due to this, and I’m at the end of my rope. I’ve even met someone who cares about me and wants to be in contact and spend time with me, but I still take things too far even with her and end up hurting somebody. Myself and/or them. I’m afraid if I do this a few more times that I will lose them forever. In addition, I feel like the greatest sleazebag on Earth from all this and hate myself for it. I’m both afraid to try to be close to someone in fear of being creepy and afraid to keep distance and lose people. As a result, I’m starting to consider reaching out to a professional counselor for this.

There’s your five minutes of fun for the day; any insights?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.