• NordicIron94
    March 17, 2017 at 5:48 pm #31106

Just recently It’s felt like on of my long term good friends has changed her attitude towards me, we went from hanging out a few times a week, to not at all. I either get a no or no answer at all whenever I ask to do something. I would like to think my friend still wants to be a friend, and I don’t want to assume I’m getting excuses. but it really is starting to feel like I’m trying to force this friendship. I don’t know how to approach this situation, I don’t want to make her angry with me if she is indeed just as busy as she says she is.

If I was being ignored because she didn’t want to hurt my feelings in telling me she no longer wants to be my friend I would probably blow up with anger. I’m already kind of angry right now because yet again another text has gone un-answered to hang out for St. Patty’s day.

I’m stuck between really hoping this is just an extremely busy time for her and there is a reason for all of this, and wanting to just be up front and confront her to know the truth, I do not want to lose this friend, she is really important to me. But I can only do so much until my gestures have to reciprocated in some way…

It is honestly eating me alive right now.

Thanks for reading this,

Nick.

MaddieBianca
    March 17, 2017 at 6:04 pm #31109

Hey there Nick! I’ve actually been in a situation similar to yours. One thing I had to do was just talk to my friend. I approached the situation in a good way and simply sat them down and said “Hey, so I feel like you’ve been distant lately and haven’t replied to my messages. Is everything okay between us? Is there something going on you want to talk about? Did I do something to hurt you?” and this helped start a conversation between me and the other person. Communicating with the other person face to face is the best way to clear everything up. If it turns out you still feel like you’re being lied to then I would express that to her in a calm manner. If she is important to you then I know you can do this! It’s okay to feel hurt too. You’re afraid of losing a friend and that’s a valid reason to feel hurt. I would also express that to her too. I would try this first and let me know how it goes!! My email is [email protected] if you want to talk about it more. Just know we are always here for you and love you!

Maddie

M
    March 24, 2017 at 1:44 pm #31229

Hey NordicIron94,

How are things going with your friend? I am hoping that its better.

M

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.